Smarter Home Guide is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more here.
Just like many people, I like to sing in the shower. I also love to listen to the news and podcasts while I’m getting ready in the morning. In addition to that, I’m addicted to technology and smart home gadgets. All that being said, this led me to wonder if Google made a water-resistant smart speaker equipped with Google Assistant/Google Home. Well, it turns out that Google doesn’t, but there are some others that companies that do….and they are fantastic.
In the process, I compiled this list of The Best Google Assistant Waterproof Shower Speakers on the market today. These smart speakers are designed to be waterproof/water-resistant and fully integrate into your digital assistant lifestyle. We specifically chose these smart speakers for their clear audio output and water resistance. Not only are they Google Assistant enabled, but some of them also have Alexa and/or Siri built-in.
Hopefully, this list will compel you to sing in the shower also. So, without further ado, let’s check out the top 5 Google Assistant waterproof shower speakers for your bathroom.
1. JBL Flip 4
The JBL Flip 4 (Check the current price here on Amazon) is one of the best Google Assistant waterproof shower speakers and is the next generation in the Flip series. It is a portable Bluetooth speaker that delivers a powerful stereo sound. As powerful as it is, it’s very compact and weighs less than 2 lbs. The internal 3,000mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery offers 12 hours of high-quality playback.
The Flip 4 is an incredible sounding speaker and sports a durable fabric material that is waterproof and comes in no less than 6 bright colors. This is the ideal speaker to fit on the shelf of your shower or on your bathroom countertop. It comes with an echo and noise-canceling speakerphone that is built-in, which allows you to take crystal clear calls along with the JBL Connect+ technology. You can also pair it with other JBL speakers and amplify your listening experience tenfold.
Not only is the Flip 4 equipped with Google Assistant, but it also sports Siri’s digital assistant.
- You can easily connect 2 tablets or smartphone with the speaker, and listen to impressive stereo sound
- Has a 3000mAh Li-ion battery that will support around 12 hours of non-stop music.
- Ipx7* rating means that you don’t need to worry about spills or the rain, and you can even try submerging the speaker in water, and it will hold up.
- JBL connect+ allows you to link the speaker with other JBL connect+ speakers and continue your listening experience from room to room.
- Comes with two external passive radiators, which just goes on to show the power of the speaker
- Very affordable
- Some users complain that battery life diminishes over the course of a year.
- You have to push a button to activate your digital assistant.
2. Bose Portable Smart Speaker
The Bose Portable Smart Speaker (click here for the current pricing on Amazon) is another powerful contender. This is a high-quality speaker that is portable, voice-controlled and waterproof. While it’s great for the bathroom, it’s versatility and powerful punch make it suitable for any area of the house or even outside.
And to answer your next question, yes, the Bose Portable Smart Speaker is equipped with both Amazon Alexa and your Google Assistant. With just a voice command, you can easily play all the best music that you want and get access to podcasts, internet radio stations, and all the features from Pandora, Spotify, and Amazon Music.
The speaker can also be controlled with your smartphone or a tablet as it features Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to listen to music on the go wherever you are.
Let’s talk sound quality. The Bose Portable Smart Speaker has been engineered to evenly distribute sound in all directions. That ensures you get a comfortable sound experience no matter where you place the speaker. Every aspect of the device is designed to work in complete synchronization to produce a crystal clear and lifelike sound, regardless of where you are playing it or what you’re listening to.
Lastly, it comes with multi-room functionality, allowing you to easily connect it with other Bose speakers or soundbars. This ensures that you get an integrated sound experience in your home, which allows you to listen to various songs in all the different rooms of the house, or to synch them to the same audio source.
- All-in-one smart speaker
- Super portable – take it anywhere you go
- Bose quality sound and impactful bass no matter where you play
- Durable design and a battery life of up to 12 hours
- It’s pretty pricey for a portable speaker. You definitely get what you pay for though.
3. Tribit StormBox Bluetooth Speaker
Another great waterproof speaker for your shower is the Tribit StormBox (Current pricing found here on Amazon). It offers the spine-tingling sound of a larger, high-quality speaker with the convenience and price of an average portable speaker. The unique design of the speaker pumps out a fully immersive, 360-degree sound that seems to follow you around the room.
Water damage won’t be an issue with this shower speaker. The Tribit is completely waterproof. You could literally knock it off the edge straight into the bathwater without any problems.
Controlling the speaker couldn’t be easier, as you can use voice commands to change your song or even answer phone calls from across the room. The Bluetooth 4.2 technology assures a secure connection to any Bluetooth device, including smartphones, tablets, Google Assistant and Echo products. This gives you a streaming range of 66ft. I don’t know how big your bathroom is?!, but you shouldn’t have any issues.
It’s important to note that the Tribit can connect to your Google account on it’s own, but with a range of 66 feet for it’s Bluetooth connection, you could easily pair it with your Google Home in the next room. With a push of a button on your shower’s edge, you can communicate with Google Assistant.
The TribitStormBox Bluetooth speaker gives you the best of multiple worlds as it is stylish and sturdy, sounds great and isn’t going to break the bank.
- Produces sparkly treble, detailed mids, and thumpy bass
- 360-degree immersive sound
- Completely waterproof and will keep the music flowing after water exposure
- 20-hours of continuous playtime per charge
- The XBass feature isn’t very effective
- Wouldn’t work for a loud environment. It’s not too terribly loud.
4. Bose Sound Link
The Bose Sound Link (current pricing found here on Amazon) is one of the best Google Assistant waterproof shower speakers out there. You get the complete range of solid sound from the speaker, and it is extremely portable as well, so you can take it with you anywhere you want.
It comes packed with the latest technology from Bose, which ensures that this portable speaker produces great sound no matter where you play it.
Its highly durable silicone texture provides a firm grip, which ensures that the speaker isn’t going to slip from your hands if you pick it up in the shower. The speaker is simple to use and has a voice prompt features which connect to your smart phone. It comes with 8 hours of playback time and can be recharged with a Micro B USB, and there is also a built-in speakerphone that you can use to take calls.
With the push of a button, the Bose SoundLink can access your Google Assistant or Siri via Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- Comes with the leading Bose technology that ensures bold sound comes out from this small yet powerful speaker
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls
- Durable build, surrounded by a soft silicone exterior, making its handling easy
- Let’s you enjoy up to 8 hours of playtime, and is rechargeable with USB power sources
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts allow you to easily take calls and access the virtual assistant of your phone
- Not the best battery time on the speaker
- People have complained that it’s permanently died on them after a few months.
- Comes with charging cable, but no charging block.
5. Bose Soundlink Micro
The Bose Soundlink Micro (click here for current Amazon pricing) is another great Google Assistant waterproof shower speaker. This is just a smaller, more affordable version of the Bose Soundlink.
The speaker produces an incredible sound range for its size, and it is completely waterproof, so you can enjoy your shower jam sessions.
The JBL Soundlink Micro speaker comes with a rugged body and has a strap that is tear-resistant, which allows you as well. With its rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you get a decent amount of playtime with the speaker which lasts about 6 hours.
Like it’s bigger brother, the Soundlink Micro can access both Google Assistant or Siri when connected by Bluetooth to your smartphone.
- Pretty good sound for such a small speaker
- Built-In mic for speakerphone allows for clear hands-free calls
- Waterproof speaker from the inside out
- Its strong strap lets you take it anywhere you want
- Up to 6 hours of playtime from a rechargeable battery
- Poor battery life compared to other Bluetooth speakers
- Could be a bit more durable
- You’d get much better sound from the Bose SoundLink
So, there you have it our reviews for the top 5 Google Assistant waterproof shower speakers. You can easily pick out any of the speakers that we have mentioned, and you wouldn’t be disappointed with your purchase. These are the best of the best.
In my opinion, if I were looking for small and durable, I’d go with JBL Flip 4. If I were looking for a little bit more punch, I’d grab the Bose Portable Smart Speaker. Keep in mind that the Bose Portable Smart Speaker will take up a little more room in the bathroom.
Hopefully, you’ll now enjoy crystal clear sound in your shower while having access to your Google Assistant.
Still Have Questions?
Try our smart home support services!